Sermon Response August 28, 2017
The Text: Read John 16:1-15
Jesus tells his disciples one more time that they will face extreme persecution and then he reminds them of the tremendous help the promised Holy Spirit will be in keeping their faith through the trials. The comfort will be for the disciples personally along with the aid the Holy Spirit will provide for the disciples to carry out their mission.
1. Why is being put out of the synagog significant?
2. How does the Holy Sprit “prove” or convict the world of their wrong?
3. Why is it significant that Jesus lays out the order of truth the way he does? (God tells Jesus, Jesus tells the Holy Spirit, the Holy Spirit tells the disciples)
1. Describe a time when you felt the Holy Spirit convict you of truth?
2. Have you ever felt like God was speaking through you to help someone else? Explain.
3. Do you currently depend on the Holy Spirit to help you fulfill the mission? Why or why not.
4. What do you need to do this week to better live on mission? Is there someone in your life that you need to be praying for the Holy Spirit to convict?
Prayer God thank you for the Holy Spirit. By your strength may we daily live on mission and may we glorify you!